Are you an experienced HR professional with a passion for problem-solving and a drive to make a positive impact on culture? If yes, read on!
About Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons
As the largest and most comprehensive orthopaedic team in the state, we’ve combined the medical expertise of the state’s finest orthopaedic and musculoskeletal surgeons, specialists, and research pioneers. And along the continuum of care, every provider we work with feels a compelling commitment to leadership in education, innovation and research, as well as a dedication and desire to put each patient first.
Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons is home to 45 doctors, 13 physician assistants, four nurse practitioners and an entire support staff. We work across all orthopaedic specialties, all across the region.
About the Role:
The HR Director is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of the HR function within Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons, throughout the employee lifecycle. You’ll drive positive change in the organization through recruiting, benefits, compensation, performance management, culture-building, and other HR areas. You will be the point person for all HR-related inquiries and will serve as a knowledgeable and committed resource for leadership. This role will have two direct reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing a variety of HR activities including recruitment, staffing, benefits administration, training and development, salary administration, legal compliance and employee relations.
- Manages the recruitment and employment process. This includes recruiting qualified candidates, interviewing, reference checking, and orientation.
- Administers employee benefits including health insurance, retirement, and leave, as well as managing open enrollment and ensuring that employees and retirees have a clear understanding of their benefits.
- Manages the HR office management system including personnel files, correspondence, employee database, various reporting systems, and ensures compliance with privacy and confidentiality.
- Administers salary administration system and conducts annual wage surveys to ensure competitiveness.
- Proactively partners with leadership to identify organizational, talent, culture or morale opportunities. or morale opportunities.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Oversees the performance management and evaluation process and coaches managers on delivering effective and impactful performance management conversations and documentation.
- Shared responsibilities for maintenance of the education calendar and documentation of completing education within HR files.
- Works with Executive Leadership on department and enterprise budgeting metrics.
- Plans and implements an employee onboarding program.
- Monitors performance, advises in disciplinary actions and assists in terminations.
- Plans all MOS corporate events.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Supervises two employees, including training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business Administration/Human Resources or related field
- Previous progressive HR experience; previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong foundation and knowledge of HR principles and practices
- Proven ability to effectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Demonstrated expertise building/implementing programs and policies, including culture/change management experience
- Ability to adapt to change in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work effectively with others at varying levels in the organization
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and objectivity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience overseeing HR at multiple sites preferred
- Experience in healthcare a plus
Perks and Benefits:
Our career opportunities come with competitive salaries, outstanding benefits and a platform to do the work you love. And as the largest and most comprehensive orthopaedic team in Michigan, we’re looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals to apply today!
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position please apply at https://amycelltalent.applytojob.com/apply/9HeaTi33E9/Human-Resources-Director